Last Updated: 4th July 2018
The Samsung Tab is a great addition to the Samsung family. It’s perfect for completing all those tasks that your smartphone seems a little too small to carry out. From using it as a piece of work equipment to browsing online shopping; it’s a handy device to have around both the office and the home environments. Taking a screenshot can help you explain things that little bit easier to colleague or friends. Sometimes, taking a screenshot on your Samsung Tab is easier and quicker than saving a photo to your image gallery.
Samsung has released many different versions of their tablet, but regardless of model, taking a screenshot is pretty much universal for all their tablets. We’ve laid out two different options for when you’re taking a screenshot on your tablet, below.
This is the quickest option out of the two.
- Open the content you wish to take a screenshot of
- Simultaneously hold down your power (on/off) key and your home button
- Your screen should flash indicating the screenshot has been captured
- A white border should surround your screen and you should see some editing options immediately available to you
- From here you can edit your image which includes cropping, adding a photo filter and more before saving your edited version to be stored in your image gallery
- If you don’t want to edit it straight away, no worries. Simply click the image or press your ‘back’ key to remove the editing menu.
This is a great backup option when taking a screenshot. This option can be used if you only have one hand free, or if something has happened to your home or power keys rendering them unusable.
- Again, ensure the content you want to screenshot is loaded on your screen.
- Using either hand, place your hand vertically at either the right-hand or left-hand side of your Samsung Tab screen.
- Using a swiping motion, swipe your palm across the screen toward the opposite side of the tablet.
- You should see the same flash and white border around your screen if your screenshot capture was successful.
- If you find your screenshot isn’t working using this option, be sure to check your ‘motion’ settings, located in your general settings application.
If you’re interested in learning more about the features of your Samsung Tab, check out our Knowledge Centre.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Mute WhatsApp Conversations On An iPhone Or Android
- 3 Apps That Could Be Taking Up The Most Storage On Your Phone
- How To Use Google Now
- Pokemon Go Tips And Tricks
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a screenshot?
A: A screenshot is a when you save the screen you are on as an image, which you are able to save or send to another person. This is useful is there is important information you need to remember to pass on.
Q: Do you need an app to screenshot?
A: No, you do not need an app in order to screenshot. Screenshotting is done by using buttons on your device.
Article By Helen Jackson