Last Updated: 4th July 2018
Many of us can get over-exuberant when downloading apps we think we will benefit from and use all the time. From healthy-eating and living apps to brain training and music apps. But many of them go unused just eating up memory on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. It’s good to go through your apps and uninstall the ones you don’t use, almost cleansing your tablet. After all, once you uninstall an app, you can always reinstall it again, so it’s not lost forever.
So if you’re looking to spring clean your app collection, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve outlined two different ways you can go about deleting your unwanted apps below.
If you’re just looking to remove a certain few apps, this option will be quicker for you.
- From your home screen, locate the ‘all apps’ button
- In the top right-hand corner, you should see three vertical dots, click these to expand your options
- Select ‘edit’
- You’ll notice next to each app on your Samsung Galaxy Tab’s screen has a small minus symbol. Swipe left and right across the screen to find the app you wish to uninstall
- Click the minus symbol next to the app and simply click ‘uninstall’
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to uninstall the app, click ‘OK’
This option is best if you want to view your entire list of applications on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Perhaps some are hidden in folders and you completely forgot you had them! Check out the steps below to carry it out.
- Starting from your home screen once again, locate the settings cog under ‘all apps’
- Find the sub-section of your settings titled ‘apps’ and select
- You’ll notice you’re now faced with a long list of apps, these are all apps you have on your Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Simply scroll through the list until you find an app you want to uninstall and delete from your device
- You’ll notice that the apps you have installed yourself offer two options either ‘uninstall’ or ‘force stop’. Whereas apps that have come preloaded with your tablet, you can only ‘disable’ or ‘force stop’.
- Click ‘uninstall’ on any apps you have downloaded yourself
- Before you uninstall you can see how much storage, memory and more this particular app is using. This helps you make informed decisions about which apps you’re going to uninstall!
If you’d like more tips about how you can best utilise your Samsung Galaxy Tab’s features, why not stop by the Samsung Galaxy Tab section of our Knowledge Centre?
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Close Background Apps On The Sony Xperia Z3
- How To Turn Off Pre-loaded Apps On Your Samsung Galaxy
- How To Delete Apps On An iPhone 7
- Pokemon Go Tips And Tricks
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I repair my Samsung Galaxy Tab?
A: You can find all of Quick Mobile Fix's Samsung Galaxy Tab's repair services here > https://www.quickmobilefix.com/collections/tab
Q: Do you sell Samsung Galaxy Tab cases?
A: Yes, you can find our cases here > https://www.quickmobilefix.com/pages/search-results?q=samsung+tab+case&type=product
Article By Helen Jackson