How To Reset The Sony Xperia
Posted: May 06 2015
This guide is for all Sony Xperia models from 2012 to 2014.
To Perform a Soft Reset
- Press and hold down the POWER button and VOLUME UP key at the same time.
- The device will vibrate 3 times, release the buttons and the soft reset is now complete.
To Perform a Hard Reset
If your Sony Xperia stops responding or won't restart normally, you can force the device to shut down. This is a good tip especially when your device is not functioning properly.
- Remove the cover of the micro SIM card slot
- Using the tip of a pen or thin object, press and hold down the OFF button until the device shuts down.
- Restart the phone after 10 seconds and reset is now complete
To Perform a Factory Data Reset
Make Sure: You back up any important files that is saved on your device to a memory card or other internal-memory.
- Click on the key on your home screen
- Tap SETTINGS - BACKUP & RESET - FACTORY DATA RESET
- Mark the ERASE INTERNAL STORAGE check-box to delete information, such as pictures and music to erase internal storage
- Click RESET PHONE
- Password, unlock pattern or PIN code may be required to continue
- To complete, Click ERASE EVERYTHING
- Factory data rest is complete