Last Updated: 11th July 2018
Having a secure mobile is crucial and it may seem insignificant but being able to set yourself a new passcode on your OnePlus One is fundamental to maintaining a good level of security.
Setting screen lock security is straightforward, the first thing you’ll need to decide is which kind of passcode you want to set. There are four passcode options for your OnePlus One phone.
- Option 1 – A lock pattern
- Option 2 – 4-digit PIN code
- Option 3 – A full password
- Option 4 – Face Unlock
Option 1 - A lock Pattern
- Quick to set up and unlock
- Easy to draw with one hand
- If your screen is dirty, you may be able to see the pattern in your fingerprint marks
NOTE: If you’re worried about this happening, simply pick a different passcode option, or, you could wipe your phone screen after unlocking it.
Option 2 – 4 - Digit PIN Code
- You only need to remember 4 numbers
- Quick and easy to unlock with one hand
- 4 digits may be easier to work out- avoid easy dates such as your birthday
- If your screen is dirty, you may be able to see where you clicked by your fingerprint marks
Option 3 – A Full Password
- The safest and most secure mobile passcode security option by far. Passcodes require one letter and should be between four and 17 characters.
- You’re more likely to forget this passcode over the other two options and it will usually take you longer to access your OnePlus One.
Option 4 – Face Unlock
- You don’t need to remember any passwords as your face comes with you wherever you go!
- It is generally thought of as a less secure way to unlock your phone than any of the other three passcode options. All it takes is someone with a similar face to yours and they can access your phone.
3 Steps To Setting A New Passcode For Your OnePlus One
So, once you’ve decided on the best option for you, how can you go about changing it? Here are three short steps to follow:
- Navigate to the settings menu and scroll until you find ‘lockscreen’, then navigate to ‘screen security’
- Under the ‘screen security’ option, tap ‘screen lock.’
- Simply choose one of the different passcode options. You will be asked to repeat your pin/password/pattern/face unlock to confirm they match. Whichever option you have chosen should now present itself before you can access the contents of your phone.
NOTE: If this is the first time you’re setting a passcode up, the option already selected will be ‘slide’ – which means there is no passcode set up. If you’re simply changing your passcode, it will highlight the one you have already chosen.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Screenshot On The One Plus One
- How To Reset The One Plus One
- How To Use Google Now
- Google Pixel VS iPhone 7
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I need to set a password on my OnePlus One?
A: It is recommended to set a password or screen lock for your OnePlus One to deter others from using your device, and access your information and data.
Q: What happens if I forget my OnePlus One password?
A: Unfortunately, if you forget your password, you will have to reset your device to new (hard reset). This will clear your data, so make sure you remember your passcode!
Article By Helen Jackson