How To Find The IMEI Or MEID Number On A Mobile Phone
Posted: Jan 08 2018
All devices have a unique identity number, known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number or MEID number (Mobile Equipment Identifier). No two devices will have the same IMEI or MEID, which makes it a very useful tool for tracking lost/stolen mobile phones or tablets.
Here's how you can find the IMEI or MEID on your device:
iPhone / iPad
- For the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and the original iPhone you can look at the back and see the IMEI number engraved near the bottom of the phone. For the MEID number, take the same number but take away the last two digits.
- For the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 & 4s you can check your SIM card tray to find your IMEI number.
- For any iPhone or iPad you can check the settings to find your IMEI number. Just tap 'About' and then scroll down to the IMEI or MEID number.
- To find the IMEI or MEID number using iTunes, simply plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. then select your iPhone from the Device menu in iTunes and then click on the Summary tab. Then click on "Phone Number" found next to the image of your iPhone. This will find the ID numbers for your device.
-For more information on Apple Devices - Click Here
- Use the settings menu by selecting the settings app. After this, select About Phone and tap status, if you scroll down you should find your IMEI or MEID number.
- Look under the battery to find the IMEI/MEID number. The location of this will vary from phone to phone, but the IMEI/MEID number is usually printed on a sticker that is stuck to the phone underneath the battery.
- Dial * # 0 6 # on your keypad.
- Find the original packaging for your mobile device. The sticker needed is usually found on the box.