Last Updated: 11th July 2018
If your iPhone has iOS version 4.2 or later, you’re in luck, an app called ‘AirPrint’ will be included on your phone. AirPrint is a mobile printing solution for Apple users; helping the user effortlessly print any photo from their phone to a compatible wireless printer.
If you’re wondering if your printer supports the AirPrint app, you can find an exhaustive list of compatible prints on the Apple Support site here, simply conduct a ‘find and search’ command from your keyboard to find your exact printer model.
Once you’ve checked your wireless printer is compatible, follow the steps below and you’ll have your photos ready to frame in minutes.
Step one: Ensure both your iPhone and your wireless printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step two: Find the picture you want to print.
Step three: Click on the ‘share’ icon, usually an arrow or a box with an arrow coming out of it.
Step four: Select ‘print’.
Step five: Your printer should now display as the printer option, select your printer.
Step six: Choose how many copies of the picture you want to print.
Step seven: Select ‘print’
Step eight: Your printing order should start printing immediately
Extra notes: To view the details of your printing request, simply double tap your home button and click ‘Print Center’. To cancel your printing order, double tap your home button and click ‘cancel’ at the bottom of your order.
What happens if you can’t print?
There are a few reasons why your iPhone not print through your AirPrint printer. Check the most common reasons below:
- Your device hasn’t got the most recent version of the iOS software. Check your settings for any pending software updates.
- There might be pending updates required on your home printer, this could be stopping you from using it correctly. Check with the printer’s manufacturer if there are any required software updates.
- You haven’t given your printer time to connect properly to your network. Switch your printer on and wait for a few minutes until it’s connected.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Adjust The Torch Brightness On Your iPhone
- How To Take Photos While Shooting A Video On Your iPhone
- The Difference Between An iPhone X And An iPhone 8
- How To Mute The Shutter When Taking A Photo On Your iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I print from my iPhone to any printer?
A. In order to print from your iPhone, your printer must be wireless. You may be required to download an app in order to print.
Q: Can I print from any iPhone?
A: Yes, you are able to print from any iPhone, however, it must be on iOS 5 or newer.
Article By Helen Jackson