iPhone 6S vs The Competitors
Posted: Oct 07 2015
Released: September 2015
Display Size: 4.7 Inches
Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
Weight: 143 g
Resolution: 750 x 1334 Pixels
Operating System: iOS 9
Internal Memory: 16/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
Key Features: 12 MP, 4032 x 3024 pixels, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
Key Features: 5 MP, face detection, HDR, panorama.
Talk Time - Up to 14 h (3G)
Music Play - Up to 50 h
Colours Available: Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold.
How It Compares
iPhone 6S - September 2015
Sony Xperia Z5 - October 2015
HTC One M9 - March 2015
LG G4 - April 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - April 2015
iPhone 6 - September 2014
iPhone 6S - 4.7 Inches
LG G4 - 5.5 Inches
Sony Xperia Z5 - 5.2 Inches
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 5.1 Inches
HTC One M9 - 5.0 Inches
iPhone 6 - 4.7 Inches
iPhone 6S - 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
LG G4 - 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 - 9.8 mm
Sony Xperia Z5 - 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm
HTC One M9 - 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.6 mm
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm
iPhone 6 - 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
iPhone 6S - 143 g
HTC One M9 - 157 g
LG G4 - 155 g
Sony Xperia Z5 - 154 g
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 132 g
iPhone 6 - 129 g
iPhone 6S - 750 x 1334 Pixels
LG G4 - 1440 x 2560 Pixels
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 1440 x 2560 Pixels
Sony Xperia Z5 - 1080 x 1920 pixels
HTC One M9 - 1080 x 1920 Pixels
iPhone 6 - 750 x 1334 Pixels
iPhone 6S - iOS 9
LG G4 - Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop)
Sony Xperia Z5 - Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
HTC One M9 - Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)
iPhone 6 - iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 8.3
iPhone 6S - 16/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
LG G4 - 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
Sony Xperia Z5 - 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 32/64/128 GB, 3 GB RAM
HTC One M9 - 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
iPhone 6 - 16/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM
(Camera Key Features)
iPhone 6S - Primary Camera 12 MP Secondary Camera 5 MP Features: Phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR.
Sony Xperia Z5 - Primary Camera 23 MP Secondary Camera 5.1 MP - Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
HTC One M9 - Primary Camera 20 MP Secondary Camera 4 MP - Feature: Dual-LED Flash, Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Auto HDR, Panorama, Automatic simultaneous Video And Image Recording & Face/Smile Detection.
LG G4 - Primary Camera 16 MP Secondary Camera 8 MP - Feature: Laser Autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization, LED Flash, HDR, Geo-Tagging & Face Detection.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Primary Camera 16 MP Secondary Camera 5 MP - Feature: Optical Image Stabilization, Autofocus, LCD Flash, Geo - Tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Auto HDR, Panorama & Dual Video Call.
iPhone 6 - Primary Camera 8 MP Secondary Camera 1.2 MP - Feature: Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash, Geo-Tagging, Simultaneous HD Video And Image Recording, Touch Focus, Face/Smile Detection & HDR.
iPhone 6S - Talk Time - Up To 14 Hours (3G) / Music Time - Up To 50 Hours.
HTC One M9 - Talk Time - Up To 25 Hours 20 Minutes (2G) / Up To 21 Hours 50 Minutes (3G)
LG G4 - Talk Time - Up To 19 Hours (2G) / Up To 20 Hours (3G)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Talk Time - Up To 18 Hours (3G) / Music Time - Up To 50 Hours.
Sony Xperia Z5 - Up to 13 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 17 h (3G) / Music Time - Up To 87 Hours.
iPhone 6 - Talk Time - Up To 14 Hours (3G) / Music Time - Up To 50 Hours.
(Contract Price Range) - Source broadbandchoices From 06/10/2015:
iPhone 6S - £44 PM - £66 PM
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - £34.99 PM - £50.00 PM
iPhone 6 - £27.50 PM - £49.99 PM (Refurbished Price From £349.99)
HTC One M9 - £26.99 PM - £49.99 PM (Refurbished Price From £369.99)
Sony Xperia Z5 - £27.50 PM - £44.99 PM
LG G4 - £25 PM - £49.99 PM
* Refurbished Prices From 06/10/2015
We think it is fair to say, everyone is waiting for that next iPhone that makes us say wow! Sadly, the iPhone 6S doesn't quite do that, however, it is an improvement on the iPhone 6.
- Stronger Materials Used - To avoid another Bendgate fiasco, Apple have used a stronger aluminium in parts of this iPhone to improve its overall sturdiness.
- Improved 3D Touch - Generally, this makes using the iPhone 6S more user friendly and means users can access things like apps and selfie cameras quicker and easier.
- Better Performance - With an improved processor it has made the whole performance of the phone much quicker and smoother.
- Improved Cameras - The front camera on the iPhone 6 had 8 mega pixels, however, the new iPhone 6S has 12 mega pixels on it's front camera and 5 mega pixels on its rear camera.
- iOS 9 - Many have been impressed with this new operating system by Apple, including improvements on features such as Siri and Apple Pay.
- Low Resolution Screen - With the same screen resolution as the iPhone 6, it is still well behind the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the HTC One M9.
- Same Battery Life - Again, there is no change here from the iPhone 6, with other phones like the HTC One M9 giving you almost double the amount of battery life.
- Looks The Same - Although there has been many changes inside the phone, the iPhone 6S looks exactly like the previous model.
The general consensus is that if you already own an iPhone 6 there is no need to upgrade, if you don't, you should consider it, as it is a good quality phone with many new advanced features, however, you may want to wait a bit for the price to drop with prices starting at £539 from the Apple Store and contracts starting at £44 per month.