Last Updated: 11 JUL 2018
To ensure your iPhone is safe and secure it is recommended you add a password to keep others away from obtaining your personal information. To add a passcode to your iPhone simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. If your device does not have Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode:
2. Select turn Passcode On.
From this point you will have a number of different password combination options:
- Here you can either enter a six number passcode or select passcode options to switch to a 4 digit numeric code, a custom numeric code or you can create a custom alphanumeric code.
- Finally enter the chosen password again to confirm it and activate it.
You May Also Like To Read:
- All About iPhone Smart Mailboxes
- How To Back Up Your iPhone
- How To Fix Error 4005 On My iPhone, iPad or iPod
- How To Turn On Call Waiting For The iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long can I make my passcode?
A: As of now, you can use a passcode that is between 4-6 characters long, which is made up of numbers. However, Apple has hinted that this may change in the near future, implementing a brand new security system.
Q: What if I forget my passcode?
A: If you've forgotten your passcode, the only way to resolve the problem is by completely erasing your device. You can only do this through iTunes, by plugging your device into your computer. The downside of this is that you will lose everything you've saved.