last Updated: 11 JUL 2018
So you have joined the thousands of people which drop their iPhone's, this can be anything from a harmless knock to a more severe repair which is required.
There are however a couple of quick checks that can be done to self-diagnose the issue yourself.
1. If the screen is cracked but the light still emits and can still be used, then it is just the front glass which has been effected, this, however, is not as good news as it sounds as all iPhone screens are one part so the front screen will need replacing.
2. If the screen is cracked or unbroken but the screen is black try taking your phone off of mute and plugging the phone into a charger if it vibrates and/or makes a sound. Then still bad news but better than the alternative, and this is your front screen will need replacing.
3. If the phone does not switch on and you have tried the above steps. Then there may be multiple issues caused by the drop, which will only be discovered once a diagnostic has been carried out.
All of the above repairs can be found on our website on the following link:
Simply select your device and find the repair relating to what is needed.
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Have A Conference Call On An iPhone
- How To Back Up Your iPhone
- How To Quickly Select Multiple Photos On An iPhone
- How To Force Reset On An iPhone 7
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Are iPhone Screens Made From?
A: Considered the third-hardest mineral, sapphire creates glass that is difficult to break and extremely scratch resistant. Sapphire glass proponents say it is tougher than the Gorilla Glass currently used for iPhone Screens.
Q: What are OEM iPhone Parts?
A: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, are parts that come from the same factory as original parts. They are just as good and branded products but, without the logo.