Last Updated: 21st June 2018
If you're involved in a WhatsApp group and for whatever reason, you'd like to mute it, this is how you do it.
Muting stops messages from showing as notifications but still keeps the conversations for when you're ready to face them. The best part? Nobody knows you've muted it!
You can also choose the duration of time you'd like it muted for, which is a great feature.
Android Users -
1. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the chat
2. Select mute notifications
3. Select how long you would like to mute the conversation for
4. Uncheck 'show notifications' and click 'ok'
iPhone Users -
1. Click the top of the chat or the chat icon
2. Scroll down and select 'mute'
3. Select the length of time you'd like to mute the chat for
You May Also Like To Read:
- How To Find Out What Song Is Playing Using Snapchat
- 3 Apps That Could Be Taking Up The Most Storage On Your iPhone
- Top 7 Apps For Festival Goers
- 21 Top WhatsApp Hacks
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is WhatsApp?
A: WhatsApp is a messaging app that lets users text, share media, call and even video call with each other. WhatsApp relies on data to send messages, like iMessage or BBM, so it doesn't cut into your monthly text allowance.
Q: Do I have to pay for WhatsApp
A: No, WhatsApp is a free app.